The embedded Economist Program is overseen by the embedded Economist Steering Committee (eESC). The eESC provides oversight, advice and direction into the implementation, impact and influence of the program.
The responsibilities of the eESC are to:
- Provide strategic oversight and direction to the program team to ensure each element of the intervention is successful.
- Advise the program team on managing organisational issues and difficulties encountered within project sites.
- Provide assurance that the research is credible and influential.
- Monitor the implementation of the program protocol including, but not limited to, budget and timeline deliverables.
- Ensure that health services receive value from participating in individual site projects.
- Provide advice on how the intervention may have a broader influence beyond the life of the individual site projects and overall program.
embedded Economist Steering Committee
Ms Jane Gray
Hunter New England LHD Respresentative
Mr Michael DiRienzo
Hunter New England LHD Representative
Mr Peter Johnston
Professor Christine Jorm
eE Program Lead
Ms Wendy Keech
Health Translational SA
External Academic Representative
Dr Antonio Penna
NSW Ministry of Health Representative
Dr Donella Piper
Program Manager & Social Scientist